SALT LAKE CITY — Two man hole covers dislodged after an underground electrical vault blew Monday night, according to fire officials.
At approximately 6:40 p.m., Salt Lake City Fire responded to the scene and discovered smoke dissipating from the holes by the Gateway, said Brian Dale, Deputy Chief for Salt Lake City Fire.
Dale said residents in the area lost power.
Officials have not confirmed the cause of the explosion.
According to Rocky Mountain Power’s website, about 809 customers were without power in the zip codes of 84101 and 84116.
Rocky Mountain Power said power has been restored to residents in those areas.
For more information on the power outage, check Rocky Mountain Power’s website.