Homemade trailer burns at Wal-Mart in West Jordan

Posted at 7:40 AM, Mar 28, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-28 09:40:04-04

WEST JORDAN, Utah -- A homemade trailer is a total loss after it caught fire in the parking lot of Wal-Mart in West Jordan Sunday night.

The fire started shortyl before 9:30 outside the Wal-Mart store at 7671 S Campus View Dr. A representative of the West Jordan Fire Department said the fire began when a man was trying to start a generator next to a truck that was connected to the trailer.

The trailer, which fire department officials described as a homemade "six-by-six," was a total loss. The truck was disconnected and moved away from the trailer before it could catch fire.

Nobody was hurt and the fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes.