Financial expert Rachel Langlois, from Cyprus Credit Union, shared some simple gift ideas for mom this Mother's day that won't break the bank. The average American is spending $172 on Mother's Day. Rachel shares some ways to save money without sacrificing quality. She encouraged everyone to try and give a gift that fits in with your mother's love language.
- Instead of buying a bouquet of flowers, purchase potted plants that your mom can plant in her yard.
- A childhood book that your mom read to you, write a letter inside and share your memories together.
- Post-it notes hidden around the house with special notes on them.
- Head massager with a coupon for an at-home massage.
- Make breakfast in bed for mom and give her a new crepe maker that she can use in the future.
- Frame a picture that means something to both of you.
- Give the gift of an experience with a play or class together.
- Give her a new board game and organize a family dinner and game night to try it out.
For more financial tips go to cypruscu.com