Brittany Fenton with Salt Sky Blog stopped by to share 5 cities you should visit.
Sugar House: (Ok not technically a city so I guess we're saying SLC but talking about Sugar House.)
- NEW! Tons of new businesses, places to eat & constructions but still keeping with the charm that Sugar House has always had.
- Great date night, restaurants, walk to everything. Shops, dessert, park.
- Great family activity. Visit hidden hollow trail, connects sugar house park to the shops across the street with nature walk in between.
- Known as the city of flowers as thousands of flowers line main street as you enter Vernal.
- Just named top 20 places to visit in the country.
- Dinosaur national park is a quarry with dinosaur bones and dig sites, new museum as well.
- New and great mountain biking trails (McCoy flats and Flume trail.)
- This place is packed with biking, hiking, camping, and fishing and water sports at surrounding lakes (flaming gorge.)
- The Green River made the national Fly Fishing list and people come from all over to fly fish.
- Our favorite shops, Vernal floral & the Galleries.
- Mountain biking is out of this world awesome.
- 2 national parks, arches & canyonlands, must visit.
- Milt's burgers and shakes are a must.
- Left Hand Fork, hike to swimming holes.
- Indian petroglyphs.
- Rock climbing.
- River rafting is a must and there are easy to experienced rafting spots.
- Visit Moab Adventure Center and they will guide you through, great idea for safety and to get the best experience possible.
- Far enough to feel like a getaway but close enough or a day tri.p
- Scenery is just beautiful all year-long, walks, bike rides, horseback riding.
- Visit the Zermatt Resort, carousel, pools, giant chess set, golf courses.
- Heber Valley railroad is a favorite with themed rides, kids love it.
- The crater is great for swimming.
- Bicentennial Park is a must visit, used to be a farm and is so gorgeous. Salt Sky is holding a family charity event there on Monday!
- Create in the Park coming up June 6, 5:30-7:30, free family & charity event.
- Come color one of the coloring pages provided and illustrated by Canary Jane who we are co-hosting the event with
- A time for families to gather and play and create.
- Duck pond, boardwalk, tons of businesses are giving away awesome prizes
- First 30 families get a swag bag with great gifts
- Charity event: anyone able to bring Barbies, Lego kits, baby rattles and superheroes... all toys will be collected and donated to
- Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Great family night activity, be together and bring some joy to kids struggling with sicknesses and disabilities.