PARK CITY, Utah — Park City Fire responded to a multi-car crash on I-80 Tuesday.
Fortunately, there were no injuries but it is a reminder of how frightening and dangerous driving in snow and ice can be.
On its Facebook page, the fire department offered some tips to motorists before hitting the road during a winter storm.
- The best tip for driving in severe winter weather is to avoid it if possible.
- Drive slowly.
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly.
- Increase your following distance to five to six seconds.
- Drive with lights on even during the day.
- Make sure your windows are clear and completely defrosted.