SANDY, Utah — A Sandy home is considered a total loss after a fire early Tuesday morning.
Fire crews received word of the blaze at 9682 S Eastpoint Dr. around 5:15 a.m.
When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames pouring from the house. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire within 20 minutes.
The two people who live at the home were able to escape safely. One of them suffered a minor burn injury on his arm, a Sandy City Fire Department spokesman said.
Fire crews believe the fire started in the basement and may have been caused by a heater that tipped over.