TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Target will hold a grand opening for a "small-format" store in Taylorsville this weekend.
The store, at 5800 S Redwood Rd., is expected to employ about 100 people and will officially open on Sunday "for an easy, safe and convenient shopping experience," a news release from the chain said.
Target's Taylorsville location will be its seventh store in the Salt Lake City area and the thirteenth in Utah.
Nationwide, Target is reaching new guests by opening small-format stores in urban areas, dense suburban neighborhoods and near college campuses – places where a full-size Target store may not fit," the news release said.
According to Target, the store will have the following features:
- Apparel and accessories for the whole family
- Home décor and essentials
- An assortment of health, personal care and beauty products
- Grab-and-go groceries and fresh produce
- Adult beverage assortment
- CVS Pharmacy and Starbucks
- Grab-and-go snack bar
- Drive Up and Order Pickup, free services that allows guests to order items online and
pick up in store or brought to their car within a few hours, including fresh groceries