SALT LAKE CITY — A limited number of fans will be allowed inside Vivint Arena for Utah Jazz games this season.
The arena will be open to 1,500 fans in the lower bowl and suite level of the arena. Season ticket holders who hold seats in the lower and upper bowl will be given priority access to the tickets.
Fans allowed in the arena will be required to wear masks and follow social distancing protocols.
“The Jazz believe this is a responsible way to start the season from a public health and safety standpoint. Our intent is to increase the number of fans as the season unfolds in compliance with state guidelines,” said Jazz President Jim Olson. “We want to reassure our guests that we are taking the utmost precautions to have a safe and enjoyable experience as they return."
The 2020-21 NBA season is scheduled to open on Dec. 22, although individual team schedules have not been released. Fans will not be allowed in the arena for preseason games.
The released its health and safety measures for the upcoming season:
- Reduced seating capacity for all arena events and six-foot physical distancing in seating pods between groups of guests
- Common spaces such as elevators, retail stores and restrooms subject to reduced capacity, and tables in restaurants to be set six feet apart to best serve physical-distancing protocols
- Face masks always required for guests and staff (age 2+) in the bowl and concourse areas, unless actively eating or drinking
- Full contactless mobile ticketing only with self-service digital scanning for guests at all arena entrances to reduce points of contact with staff
- No bags, purses or clutches allowed to expedite entry and reduce screening touchpoints. Only exceptions are diaper and medical bags that will be X-rayed and cannot be larger than 14x14x6 inches.
- Cash-free environment accepting credit, debit and prepaid cards and mobile payments at all food and beverage and Jazz Team Store points of purchase for a contactless experience. Cash-to-card kiosks located on main and upper concourses.
- New mobile food and beverage ordering system, via the Jazz App, for ordering and paying by mobile phone and offering express pickup locations to maximize physical distancing in concession lines
- Jazz Team Store offering in-seat delivery for merchandise shopping through the Jazz App
- Electrostatic sprayers used to evenly disperse disinfectants across surfaces quickly and evenly with specific staff concentration on high-touch areas
- Hand sanitizer stations located throughout the arena
- HVAC system has been upgraded for higher quality of filtered air to meet NBA standards during pandemic
- Public address announcements and digital signage placed throughout arena to help promote physical distancing
- Arena employees to undergo touchless temperature screening before entering the workplace. All staff to wear face coverings for the duration of every event, routinely wash their hands with soap and water, and physical distance.