Game Days are back! And if your family loves gathering around the TV to cheer on your favorite team, here's a snack that will be a hit!
Smith's Chef Jeff Jackson shares his Pressure Cooker Game Day Bean Dip recipe.
1 lb. dried pinto beans
5 c. water
1 small onion, roughly chopped
6 garlic cloves, smashed
1 tsp. salt
1 c. shredded Mexican cheese
¼ c. cream cheese
1 tbsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. cumin
¼ c. salsa
Pico de gallo and chopped cilantro for garnish
Tortilla chips for dipping
1. Add the dried beans, water, onion, garlic, and salt to the pot on your pressure cooker. Stir, put on the lid and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
2. Remove the lid and drain the excess cooking liquid from the beans, reserving the liquid for later.
3. Put the hot beans in a food processor and puree until smooth. Add the cheeses, chili powder, cumin and salsa and puree until smooth, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid until desired consistency is reached. Taste and season if necessary.
4. Place in a serving dish and microwave a minute or two if it has cooled too much.
5. Serve warm topped with desired garnishes. Enjoy!
Find more great recipes at smithsfoodanddrug.com.